You know your dancer loves to move and groove when they are constantly practicing at home - tapping their toes under the table, sliding into the kitchen with verve and shimmying down the hallway to their room!
Passionate dancers continue to polish the skills learned in Amethyst classes in the creative competency-based Sapphire curriculum. Inspired by our brilliant dancers, these classes foster creativity, confidence and connection with fellow dancers. Throughout the season, dancers utilize their passion for learning to hone their skills in age appropriate progression.
Much like Sapphires symbolize focus and wisdom, your dancer will embody these traits in the studio and on stage. Dancers perform in our Winter Wonderland and year-end Recital with confidence and connection like the brilliantly shining gems they are.
Sapphire dancers wishing for more of a challenge may audition for the Professional Division in the Pre-Pro 4 level.
Class Schedule (School Year 2021-2022)
- Link to Recital Video and all digital downloads of the Recital
- Photo Day sitting fee (photo purchase optional through our amazing photographer at Gemini Visuals)
- Dress Rehearsal, Competitive Rehearsal & on-stage Tech Rehearsal
- Choreography videos and all recital music sent to you for your dancers to practice!
- Costume alterations, decorations, steaming & ironing. Costumes will be hung up in labelled garment bags ready to take home!
- Viewing Day (pending Covid 19 regulations)
- Student Appreciation events (Halloween, Christmas, DG Love Bomb, Silly Sock Week, Crazy Hair Week, Selfie Station – treats and fun activities throughout the season)
- Parent Appreciation (that’s right, we love you too!!) Have a look in our client kitchen for goodies such as tea/coffee, essential oils and treats.
- Community events such as the Steveston Salmon Festival Canada Day Parade, Dancing for a Cure (Cancer Society Fundraiser), and Winter Wonderland (Holiday performance in-house and at local senior’s housing facilities - pending Covid 19 regulations).
Sapphire 7-8 yr Breakdance | $121 + gst monthly (for 10 months) for 1 hr/week
Dress Code - Ballet/Tap
We make dress code simple and stunning! Our dancers feel amazing in their stunning bodysuits, earning different colours every two years to match their gemstone level. Sapphire dancers wear a Balera Sapphire spaghetti strap bodysuit, black DG dance shorts and Body Wrappers C80 or C31 Theatrical Pink tights (no holes please!) as well as pink Capezio Lily Ballet slippers and black Capezio 443 Tap Shoes which are purchased direct from the studio and charged on your account - no need to bring in payment, we’ve got you covered! WE will fit your dancer for new footwear or you may purchase through the DG Slipper Consignment. Hair must be in a proper Ballet Bun with bangs pinned back off the face.
Dress Code - Acro/Jazz
We make dress code simple and stunning! Our dancers feel amazing in their stunning bodysuits, earning different colours every two years to match their gemstone level. Sapphire dancers wear a Balera Sapphire spaghetti strap bodysuit, black DG dance shorts and Body Wrappers C80 or C31 Theatrical Pink tights (no holes please!) as well as black leather Capezio EJ2 Jazz slippers which are purchased direct from the studio and charged on your account - no need to bring in payment, we’ve got you covered! We will fit your dancer for footwear or you may purchase through the DG Slipper Consignment. Hair must be tied back off the face - preferably a low pony tail or braids.
Dress Code - Hip Hop & Breakdance
We make dress code simple and stunning! Our dancer feel amazing in their DG Sapphire tees and DG sweats. Sapphire dancers wear black converse all star running shoes that you can source at a local store (Journeys usually stocks them) or purchase through the DG Slipper Consignment and hair must be tied back off the face.
- Students are expected to arrive on time and ready for each class. Hair must be tied back from the face and each student must be dressed according to the dress code for each discipline. Students who continually arrive unprepared for class will be asked to observe class and will not be permitted to participate. No refunds will be issued. We consider this a really important life lesson to invest in and prepare for activities you love!
- Students are expected to act appropriately inside and outside the studio. There is to be no running around, chasing, yelling or any other inappropriate behaviour during class time or before or after class. Students under the age of 8 are not to be left unmonitored before or after classes.
- Defy Gravity staff reserve the right to remove a student from class if they continually act inappropriately and/or are disrupting students in their class. No refund will be given for students removed from classes.
- Students are to be picked up within 10 minutes of the end of their class. Failing to do so will result in late pick-up fees to cover costs incurred by Defy Gravity.
- Food & Drinks are NOT permitted in the studio. Water may be kept in the change rooms or hall cubbies. Chewing Gum is not permitted anywhere in the facility!
- Class time is valuable to every child – if you would like to contact an instructor to discuss your child’s progress, please leave a message with the office staff or contact the Studio Director to set up an appointment.
- Defy Gravity reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment and/or change instructors when necessary.
- Classes cancelled due to Snow, Power Outage or any other unforeseeable emergency will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued. Your dancer’s safety is our primary concern!