With Sapphire skills mastered, Emerald dancers flourish in a connected and collaborative learning environment curated to inspire a level of confidence and group unity not seen in previous levels. Emerald dancers bring a regal presence to the stage and much like the gorgeous green gems, they inspire the other gems with their true connection and teamwork.
Together, Emeralds unite in authentic connections with their peers through carefully planned classes promoting excellence in dance skill, confident performance quality and unified teamwork supported by trusting friendships.
Dancers perform in our collaborative year-end Recital with confidence and connection like the brilliantly shining gems they are.
Class Schedule (classes begin Sept 14th)
- Link to Recital Video and all digital downloads of the Recital
- Photo Day sitting fee (photo purchase optional through our amazing photographer at Gemini Visuals)
- Dress Rehearsal, Competitive Rehearsal & on-stage Tech Rehearsal
- Choreography videos and all recital music sent to you for your dancers to practice!
- Costume alterations, decorations, steaming & ironing. Costumes will be hung up in labelled garment bags ready to take home!
- Viewing Day (pending Covid 19 regulations)
- Student Appreciation events (Halloween, Christmas, DG Love Bomb, Silly Sock Week, Crazy Hair Week, Selfie Station – treats and fun activities throughout the season)
- Parent Appreciation (that’s right, we love you too!!) Have a look in our client kitchen for goodies such as tea/coffee, essential oils and treats.
- Community events such as the Steveston Salmon Festival Canada Day Parade, Dancing for a Cure (Cancer Society Fundraiser), and Winter Wonderland (Holiday performance in-house and at local senior’s housing facilities - pending Covid 19 regulations).
Performance Division classes are a 10 month financial and time investment and all amounts for Registration fee, Recital fees, Administration fees, Tuition and Costumes paid are non-refundable. There will be no refunds issued unless a dancer is required by a medical doctor to stop dancing and a letter from the medical doctor is submitted to Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc. Classes are not transferable between dancers. It is imperative that parents maintain accurate and current payment and contact information on file so that we can continue to serve you best! Please provide administrative staff with new payment information if it has changed. Tuition is not prorated for absences, holidays or partial months, these have already been accounted for in DG All-Inclusive fees.
Emerald 9-11 yr Ballet/Tap $194 + gst monthly (for 10 months) for 1h 45 min/week
Emerald 9-11 yr Jazz/Acro $215 + gst monthly (for 10 months) for 2 hrs/week
Emerald 9-11 yr Hip Hop & Breakdance $116 + gst monthly (for 10 months) for 1 hr/week
Emerald 9-11 yr Hip Hop $116 + gst monthly (for 10 months) for 1 hr/week
Dress Code - Ballet/Tap
We make dress code simple! Our dancers feel amazing in their stunning bodysuits, earning different colours every two years to match their gemstone level. Emerald dancers wear a Balera Dark Teal spaghetti strap bodysuit, black DG dance shorts and Body Wrappers C80 or C31 Theatrical Pink tights (no holes please!) which are purchased direct from the studio and charged on your account - no need to bring in payment, we’ve got you covered! You will need to have your young dancer fitted for pink leather ballet slippers and black full sole tap shoes at a local dance store (Beetles in Richmond, Limbers in Surrey or The Dance Shop in Vancouver) or purchase through the DG Slipper Consignment and hair must be in a proper Ballet Bun with bangs pinned back off the face.
Dress Code - Acro/Jazz
We make dress code simple! Our dancers feel amazing in their stunning bodysuits, earning different colours every two years to match their gemstone level. Emerald dancers wear a Dark Teal spaghetti strap bodysuit and black DG dance shorts which are purchased direct from the studio and charged on your account - no need to bring in payment, we’ve got you covered! You will need to have your young dancer fitted for black split sole leather jazz slippers for Jazz/Acro at a local dance store (Beetles in Richmond, Limbers in Surrey or The Dance Shop in Vancouver) or purchase through the DG Slipper Consignment and hair must be tied back off the face.
Dress Code - Hip Hop & Breakdance
We make dress code simple and stunning! Our dancers feel amazing in their DG tees and DG sweats. Emerald dancers wear black converse all star running shoes that you can source at a local store (Journeys usually stocks them) or purchase through the DG Slipper Consignment. Hair must be tied back off the face.
- Students are expected to arrive on time and ready for each class. Hair must be tied back from the face and each student must be dressed according to the dress code for each discipline. Students who continually arrive unprepared for class will be asked to observe class and will not be permitted to participate. No refunds will be issued. We consider this a really important life lesson to invest in and prepare for activities you love!
- Students are expected to act appropriately inside and outside the studio. There is to be no running around, chasing, yelling or any other inappropriate behaviour during class time or before or after class. Students under the age of 8 are not to be left unmonitored before or after classes.
- Defy Gravity staff reserve the right to remove a student from class if they continually act inappropriately and/or are disrupting students in their class. No refund will be given for students removed from classes.
- Students are to be picked up within 10 minutes of the end of their class. Failing to do so will result in late pick-up fees to cover costs incurred by Defy Gravity.
- Food & Drinks are NOT permitted in the studio. Water may be kept in the change rooms or hall cubbies. Chewing Gum is not permitted anywhere in the facility!
- Class time is valuable to every child – if you would like to contact an instructor to discuss your child’s progress, please leave a message with the office staff or contact the Studio Director to set up an appointment.
- Defy Gravity reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment and/or change instructors when necessary.
- Classes cancelled due to Snow, Power Outage or any other unforeseeable emergency will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued. Your dancer’s safety is our primary concern!