Does your little one keep calling you to the living room to see their next “big show”? Do they love to move and sing and engage in creative role-play? Are they skipping down the street instead of walking? The need to express creativity through movement is what we absolutely cherish in our Amethyst dancers!
A beautiful sense of curiosity honed in Ruby classes accompanies your dancer into Amethyst level classes, lovingly crafted to build confidence, connection with fellow dancers and an understanding of spacial awareness and rhythm.
Amethysts symbolize balance and purity, two qualities refined in your dancer throughout the season - balance is gained through thoughtful weekly exercises and purity through a genuine love for dance fostered in our inclusive and encouraging studio atmosphere.
Amethyst dancers learn foundations of Ballet and Jazz or Hip Hop, continuing to improve their strength and coordination while beautifully blending confidence and creativity to allow their performance skills to shine!
Dancers perform in our mesmerizing year-end Recital independently and with such joy!
Class Schedule (School Year 2022-2023)
Choose which class time suits your family schedule best:
Ballet/Jazz | Wednesdays 3:45pm-5:15pm FULL
Ballet/Jazz | Wednesdays 5:00pm-6:30pm FULL
Ballet/Jazz | Thursdays 4:30pm-6:00pm FULL
Ballet/Jazz | Saturdays 11:00am-12:30pm
Ballet/Jazz | Saturdays 12:30pm-2:00pm
Hip Hop | Fridays 4:15pm-5:15pm
- Link to Recital Video and all digital downloads of the Recital
- Photo Day sitting fee (photo purchase optional through our amazing photographer at Gemini Visuals)
- Dress Rehearsal, Competitive Rehearsal & on-stage Tech Rehearsal
- Choreography videos and all recital music sent to you for your dancers to practice!
- Costume alterations, decorations, steaming & ironing. Costumes will be hung up in labelled garment bags ready to take home!
- Viewing Day (pending Covid 19 regulations)
- Student Appreciation events (Halloween, Christmas, DG Love Bomb, Silly Sock Week, Crazy Hair Week, Selfie Station – treats and fun activities throughout the season)
- Parent Appreciation (that’s right, we love you too!!) Have a look in our client kitchen for goodies such as tea/coffee, essential oils and treats.
- Community events such as the Steveston Salmon Festival Canada Day Parade, Dancing for a Cure (Cancer Society Fundraiser), and Winter Wonderland (Holiday performance in-house and at local senior’s housing facilities - pending Covid 19 regulations).
Dress Code - Ballet/Jazz
We make dress code simple and stunning! Our ballerinas feel beautiful in their lovely lavender bodysuits, earning different colours every two years to match their gemstone level. Amethyst dancers wear a Defy Gravity Violet spaghetti strap bodysuit, black DG dance shorts and Body Wrappers C80 or C31 Theatrical Pink tights (no holes please!) with Capezio Lily Ballet Slippers and Capezio EJ2 Black Jazz Slippers which are purchased direct from the studio and charged on your account - no need to bring in payment, we’ve got you covered! We will fit your dancer for new footwear or you can purchase from the DG Slipper Consignment. Hair must be tied back off the face.
Dress Code - Hip Hop
We make dress code simple and stunning! Our dancers feel amazing in their DG Amethyst tees and DG sweats. Amethyst dancers wear black converse all star running shoes that you can source at a local store (Journeys usually stocks them) or purchase through the DG Slipper Consignment. Hair must be tied back off the face.
- Students are expected to arrive on time and ready for each class. Hair must be tied back from the face and each student must be dressed according to the dress code for each discipline. Students who continually arrive unprepared for class will be asked to observe class and will not be permitted to participate. No refunds will be issued. We consider this a really important life lesson to invest in and prepare for activities you love!
- Students are expected to act appropriately inside and outside the studio. There is to be no running around, chasing, yelling or any other inappropriate behaviour during class time or before or after class. Students under the age of 8 are not to be left unmonitored before or after classes.
- Defy Gravity staff reserve the right to remove a student from class if they continually act inappropriately and/or are disrupting students in their class. No refund will be given for students removed from classes.
- Students are to be picked up within 10 minutes of the end of their class. Failing to do so will result in late pick-up fees to cover costs incurred by Defy Gravity.
- Food & Drinks are NOT permitted in the studio. Water may be kept in the change rooms or hall cubbies. Chewing Gum is not permitted anywhere in the facility!
- Class time is valuable to every child – if you would like to contact an instructor to discuss your child’s progress, please leave a message with the office staff or contact the Studio Director to set up an appointment.
- Defy Gravity reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrolment and/or change instructors when necessary.
- Classes cancelled due to Snow, Power Outage or any other unforeseeable emergency will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued. Your dancer’s safety is our primary concern!
Ready to Enroll?
Limited Spots Available
Need a little more info? We'd be happy to speak with you! Call us at: 604-272-0808 or email email@example.com
Not Sure Which Class is Right For Your Dancer?
We Offer Trial Classes for just $25!
Sign up Sept 1 - Oct 21, 2023