DG All-Inclusive Tuition Fees – SIMPLICITY at its finest!
At Defy Gravity, we believe in making things simple and straightforward, so we have designed DG All-Inclusive Tuition which is one fee for the entire dance season – no hidden fees throughout the year – we promise! You can confidently budget for your child’s activities knowing that the only extra fees will be dress code items needed (we stock them in the office for convenience and all charges go directly on your credit card on file, no need to bring payment with you!) and recital tickets (sold the first weekend in June at the studio). All-Inclusive pricing is listed as a monthly charge (10 payments) that will be charged to your credit card at registration and each of Sept 1, 2019 – May 1, 2020. DG All-Inclusive tuition is based on the number of hours that each student is dancing in the studio from September – June. Parents may choose to pay the entire All-Inclusive fee at registration (cash or credit card) or our convenient 10 instalment option (credit card only).
DG All-Inclusive Pricing includes the Registration fee, Recital fee, Costume fee and Tuition that other studios charge plus a bunch of great extras:
- Link to Recital Video and all digital downloads of the Recital
- Photo Day sitting fee (you may choose to purchase photos through our amazing photographer at Gemini Visuals)
- Dress Rehearsal, Competitive Rehearsal (Competitive and Pre-Professional Division dancers only) & on-stage Tech Rehearsal
- Choreography videos (as available) and all recital music sent to you for your dancers to practice!
- Costume alterations, decorations, steaming & ironing. Costumes will be hung up in labelled garment bags ready for competition & photo day
- Pre-Professional Division Cecchetti Ballet exam fees & associated rehearsals/mock exams
- Viewing Day
- Student Appreciation events (Halloween, Christmas, DG Love Bomb, Silly Sock Week, Crazy Hair Week, Selfie Station – treats and fun activities throughout the season)
- Parent Appreciation (that’s right, we love you too!! We like to celebrate Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and we often leave out some treats for parents when recital Tickets are sold)
- Community events such as the Steveston Salmon Festival Canada Day Parade, Dancing for a Cure (Cancer Society Fundraiser), and Winter Wonderland (Holiday performance at local senior’s housing facilities).
Performance Division, Competitive Division & Pre-Professional Division classes are a 10 month financial and time commitment and all amounts for Registration fee, Recital fees, Administration fees, Tuition and Costumes are non-refundable. There will be absolutely NO refunds issued unless a dancer is required by a medical doctor to stop dancing and a letter from the medical doctor is submitted to Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc. Classes are not transferable between dancers.
It is the registrants responsibility to maintain accurate and current payment information on file for instalment payment plans and provide administrative staff with new payment information if it has changed. Students may be asked to sit out of a class if tuition is not received by the 10th of the month that payment is due. Tuition is not prorated for absences, holidays or partial months, these have already been accounted for in DG All-Inclusive fees. Please Note: there is a $35.00 Administration fee for any payments not able to be processed by the 5th of any month. Accounts that are more than 30 days overdue will be considered grounds for collections action.
All fees must be paid in full by May 15, 2020. A dancer will not be permitted to participate in the recital if their account still has an outstanding balance after June 1, 2020.
All dancers enrolled in our Competitive Division and/or Pre-Professional Division MUST have a valid credit card on file. Competitive and Pre-Professional Division dancers incur extra fees including but not limited to Competitions, Workshops and Solos/Duos/Trios (with associated costume fees).
Tuition 2019-20 (updated July 17, 2019)
We are pleased to continue to offer a $20 referral credit for each new student registered that you refer to the studio. The new student must list you as the referring client at the time of registration and be registered in either a Summer class or School Year class. There is no limit to the number of client referral credits that can be accumulated. Referral credits will be applied to tuition fees as earned. THANK YOU for your kind referral of family & friends!