Registration Policies & Procedures 2018
- Registration may be done online, by phone or email at any time OR in person during office hours. Registration completed in person will be confirmed immediately. Registration completed online will be checked for accurate class placement and tuition fees posted to the account for payment and confirmation. Registration requests by phone or email will be processed and classes held for your dancer, but registration will not be confirmed until online payment is received.
- To register by phone or email, please leave your information with the studio including name, telephone number and classes requested. A member of Defy Gravity staff will place your registration on hold, then contact you to confirm payment.
- REGISTRATION FORMS are now digital and must be completed with waivers signed online.
- Registration fee, Recital fee, Costume fee and Tuition are all included in the Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc All-Inclusive Pricing. Recreational Division, Competitive Program & Pre-Professional Program are a 10 month financial and time commitment and all amounts for Registration fee, Recital fees, Administration fees, Tuition and Costumes are non-refundable. There will be absolutely NO refunds issued unless a dancer is required by a medical doctor to stop dancing and a letter from the medical doctor is submitted to Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc. Classes are not transferable between dancers.
- Payments for the full year may be made in-studio via cash or online via credit card. Payments for the 10 month payment plan must be paid online via credit card. Post-dated cheques and debit card transactions will no longer be accepted at Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc.
- It is the registrants responsibility to maintain accurate and current payment information on file for instalment payment plans and provide administrative staff with new payment information if it has changed. Students may be asked to sit out of a class if tuition is not received by the 10th of the month that payment is due. Tuition is not prorated for absences, holidays or partial months, these have already been accounted for in All-Inclusive pricing. Please Note: there is a $35.00 Administration fee for any payments not able to be processed by the 5th of any month. Accounts that are more than 30 days overdue will be considered grounds for collections action.
- All fees must be paid in full by May 15, 2019. A dancer will not be permitted to participate in the recital if their account still has an outstanding balance after June 1, 2019.
- All dancers enrolled in our Competitive Program and/or Pre-Professional Program MUST have a valid credit card on file. Competitive and Pre-Professional Program dancers will incur extra fees including but not limited to Competitions, Workshops and Solos/Duos/Trios (with associated costume fees).
- Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc reserves the right to temporarily cancel/reschedule classes with email and/or phone notification up to 1 hour prior to respective class time for reasons such as but not limited to instructor illness/emergency, power outage, unsafe driving conditions caused by snow. Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc reserves the right to cancel or combine classes due to low enrolment. There is a six person minimum in order for a class to be conducted and any class continuing with fewer than six dancers is done so at the teacher’s discretion, (this rule does not apply to private lessons or solo/duo/trio choreography).
- We offer Trial Classes (Sept – Oct, 2018). Students may try one class of each discipline to decide if they want to sign up for the year. Trial Class fee is $26.25 (including gst) and will be applied to the class tuition if you choose to register after trying the class. All students wishing to participate in Trial Classes may sign up online or through the office beginning September 1, 2018. Classes that are full will not accept Trial Classes.
Refund Policies, Class Placement & Cancellation of Classes
- Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc does not offer refunds for fees paid for any reason. We stand by the amazing value of our classes – they are engaging, creative, confidence building and provide a safe space for our dancers to build friendships and learn new skills. If your dancer is not enjoying his/her class, you may transfer to a different class no later than October 19, 2018. On the rare occasion that dance classes are not the right fit for your dancer, we will contact you immediately to discuss class placement. We want all of our dancers to enjoy themselves while they are learning and growing, but ultimately, class placement is at the discretion of the Instructor and Studio Director.
- A student that sustains an injury that prevents him/her from dancing and is required by a medical doctor to withdraw from dance classes will not be charged any further fees, but will not be issued a refund.
- No refunds will be given for missed classes and we do not offer make-up classes.
- Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc reserves the right to temporarily cancel/reschedule classes with email and/or phone notification up to 1 hour prior to respective class time for reasons such as but not limited to instructor illness/emergency, power outage, unsafe driving conditions caused by snow.
- Defy Gravity Dance Company Inc reserves the right to cancel or combine classes due to low enrolment. There is a six person minimum in order for a class to be conducted and any class continuing with fewer than six dancers is done so at the teacher’s discretion, (this rule does not apply to private lessons or solo/duo/trio choreography).