Registration for School Year 2017-18 classes is ongoing. Please see Contact page for in-office registration times or call/email any time!
Registration Policies & Procedures 2017
- Registration may be done in person (during office hours), by phone or by email. Registration completed in person with payment will be confirmed immediately. Please note: Defy Gravity staff will accept class requests by phone or email, but registration will not be confirmed until payment is received.
- To register by phone or email, please leave your information with the studio including name, telephone number and classes requested. A member of Defy Gravity staff will place your registration on hold. Please print out the registration form and mail or deliver it to the studio with payment (Please do not mail cash!) to confirm your registration.
- Download the 2017-18 Registration Form – RICHMOND Registration Form – SOUTH SURREY Registration Form
- Registration fee of $36.75 ($35 plus GST) per dancer, Recital fee of $47.25 (includes one copy of Recital DVDs and digital files for download) per family as well as tuition payment may be made by cash, cheque or debit. Tuition for School Year classes may be paid in full at the time of registration or in 2 installments (half paid at registration, half as a post dated cheque for January 1, 2018). If you wish to take advantage of our 10 month installment plan, your child must be a current DG student and be enrolled in 2 or more hours of classes per week. If you are paying in 10 installments, the first monthly installment is due upon registration and the remaining nine months in the form of post-dated cheques dated the first of each month beginning September 1, 2017 and concluding May 1, 2018. Registration will not be confirmed until Registration fee, Recital fee, Costume deposits and all post dated cheques for Tuition have been received or tuition has been paid in full (whichever is agreed upon).
- A student whose tuition payment has not been received or can not be processed due to insufficient funds will not be able to participate in classes until tuition payments are up to date. A $30 administration fee will be charged to the account of any family with a returned cheque due to insufficient funds.
- Defy Gravity reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. We will make every effort to offer an equivalent class at an alternative time, however, if one can not be found that is suitable, tuition will be refunded according to the number of classes remaining.
- We offer Trial Classes (Sept – Oct, 2017). Students may try one class of each discipline to decide if they want to sign up for the year. Trial Class fee is $21.00 (including gst) and will be applied to the class tuition if you choose to register after trying the class. All students wishing to participate in Trial Classes must sign up in the office beginning September 1, 2017.
- No refunds will be given once student is registered and payment is processed, however, tuition already paid may be transferred to an alternate class within the same season.
- If a student sustains an injury that prevents him/her from dancing, a pro-rated refund will be given minus a $30 administration fee. Proof of injury must be submitted to the studio director in the form of a letter from a medical doctor. Refunds can not be back-dated, therefore, please notify the studio that your child can not continue dancing as soon as possible.
- No refunds will be given for missed classes and we do not offer make-up classes.
- In the event that Defy Gravity must cancel a single class, we will reschedule the class at another time that is as convenient as possible for both the instructor and the students! If a time can not be found to reschedule the missed class, a credit will be applied to the student’s account which may be used towards further tuition or costume fees.